Terms & Conditions
Who are we
This site is managed by The Royal Institution of Great Britain, a charity registered in England and Wales under registration number 227938. Our registered address is 21 Albemarle Street, London W1S 4BS (our "Postal Address").
We have notified the Information Commissioner's Office and we are registered on the Data Protection Register under registration number Z7087010. Our VAT number is 778 5207 91.
Your promises to us. You confirm that:
- all information and details provided by you to us are true, accurate and up to date in all respects and at all times;
- in relation to any material submitted to or posted on the Site by you that you have the right to do so and have obtained all necessary licences and or approvals.
You agree that in using the Site you will not:
- disseminate any content which is defamatory, obscene, in breach of copyright, or which may have the effect of being harassing, threatening or abusive to an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability or otherwise;
- use the Site in any way that may lead to the encouragement, procurement or carrying out of any criminal activity;
- transfer files which contain viruses, trojans or other harmful programs; or
- use the Site for any purpose other than your personal or not-for-profit educational use.
Rights granted and rights reserved
Your use of the Site and its contents grants no rights to you in relation to our intellectual property rights including, without limitation, copyright, trade marks, logos, graphics, photographs, animations, videos and text or the intellectual property of third parties in the Site and its contents.
You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, record, transmit, commercially exploit, edit, communicate to the public or distribute in any way the Site pages, any content on the Site or the computer codes of elements comprising the Site other than for your own personal or not-for-profit educational use. Subject to the above, you may download insubstantial excerpts of this content to your hard disk for the purpose of viewing it provided that no more than one copy of any information is made.
By submitting any material to us via the Site, you grant us a right to use such material at our own discretion in any media including, without limitation, to edit, copy, reproduce, disclose, post and remove such material from the Site.
Links to and from other websites
You may establish links to the Site provided you do not remove or obscure the copyright notice or other notices on the Site; you give us notice of such link by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org; and you immediately stop providing such links upon notification by us.
Links within the Site may lead to other third party websites. These are intended for your ease of reference and convenience only. We do not control or endorse such websites and are not responsible for their contents. We assume no responsibility for and shall not be liable for any loss or damage which you may suffer by using such websites. You agree that you will not involve us in any dispute between you and any third party in respect of such websites.
This page was last updated on 8 November 2011.